Andrew Brady Banzhoff
Attorney at Law
Andrew Brady Banzhoff
Andrew Banzhoff has practiced law in Asheville since 1999. He handles a broad range of civil and criminal litigation cases throughout western North Carolina and he handles appeals in North Carolina and federal courts. His practice areas and recent cases include all types of felony cases, Driving While Impaired, appeals, white collar criminal cases and civil asset forfeiture.
Mr. Banzhoff is a fellow in the Harry C. Martin Inns of Court and has been recognized in North Carolina Super Lawyers. He currently serves on the Board of Governors for the North Carolina Advocates for Justice. He also serves as chair of the Criminal Justice Act Panel Selection Committee for the Western District of North Carolina. He has previously served as president of the Buncombe County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association and is a past-chair of the Criminal Law Section of the North Carolina Advocates for Justice.
He regularly presents at criminal law Continuing Legal Education courses on a variety of topics including the 4th Amendment, evidence, motions practice and trial strategy.
Mr. Banzhoff graduated from the University of Tampa in 1995 with a B.A. in Political Science. He earned his Juris Doctor degree from the Wake Forest University School of Law in 1999. He is a Board Certified Specialist in State and Federal Criminal Law by the North Carolina Board of Legal Specialization. He is admitted to practice in all state courts in North Carolina, the United States District Court for the Western District of North Carolina, the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit and the United States Supreme Court.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Criminal litigation
- White Collar Crimes
Certified Legal Specialties
- State and Federal Criminal Law , North Carolina Board of Legal Specialization
- North Carolina, 1999
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina, 1999
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 2000
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2009
- Wake Forest University School of Law, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Juris Doctor – 1999
- Tampa University, Tampa, FL.
- B.A. in Political Science – 1995
Honors and Awards
- North Carolina Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2007 – Present
- North Carolina Super Lawyers, 2012 – Present
- Outstanding Service- NCAJ Criminal Law Section Chair, 2011 – 2012
Professional Associations and Memberships
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
Pro Bono Activities
- Chair- Criminal Justice Act Panel Selection Committee-Western District of North Carolina
- Board of Governors- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- Past-Chair- North Carolina Advocates for Justice-Criminal Law Section
- Past- Chair- Buncombe County Criminal Defense Attorney’s Association