Attorney at Law
Matthew Holloway began practicing law in Asheville in 2009 as an Assistant Public Defender. He appeared in court every day, handling a broad range of criminal matters. Mr. Holloway worked hard to obtain the best result possible for all his clients, be it through trial or negotiations with the state. He brought this experience with him when he joined the firm in September 2013.
Mr. Holloway left his home in West Virginia to attend Vassar College, graduating in 2002 with a degree in Cognitive Science. Before entering law school at Temple University’s James E. Beasley School of Law Mr. Holloway worked and traveled; painting houses in Puerto Rico and working in a brain imaging laboratory in Philadelphia. While at Temple Law Mr. Holloway received honors for outstanding oral advocacy and served as an editor at the Temple Journal of Science, Technology, & Environmental Law. After graduating in 2009 he returned to the mountains to be close to his family.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Law
- Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Honors: Honors for outstanding oral advocacy
- Law Journal: Temple Journal of Science, Technology, & Environmental Law, Editor
- West Virginia to attend Vassar College
- Degree in Cognitive Science – 2002